“Notary”stands for a person who is authorized to do some legal activities. These activities mostly include, certification of contracts, actions and the documentation process needed by jurisdiction in Oklahoma. Likewise, “Notary Public” stands for a public officer, who is authorized by law, to serve the citizens in non controversial issues like property, estate and business affairs.
Becoming Notary Public
Generally, financial institutions need Notary services. For example; work based on financial deals or real estate contracts. Financial organizations (banks), law making organizations and other large scale businesses are asked by the government to become a notary. By doing so, they can facilitate customers. Meanwhile, people who own small businesses are more interested in becoming a notary. They are interested because, a notary public is allowed to charge a fee for signing documents of his customers.
There are some requirements by law in Oklahoma. Specifically, If a person wants to become a notary public, he should fulfill all the requirements.
- A person must be the United States citizen.
- About residency; a) A person needs to be a Oklahoma legal inhabitant, or; b) A person who is not a local resident of Oklahoma but working there.
- A person must be 18 years of age or more.
Process to Become a Notary Public
- Firstly, a person must has fulfilled all the requirements of qualifier set by the law.
- Oklahoma Notary Public Application form is available online. fill the form completely.
- Specifically, the fee and form should be submitted to state’s secretary.
- Later, after submitting the application, a person needs to have the equipment which will be required in commission. Such equipment are like bond and seal.
- Moreover, once you get your bond, you must file it with state’s secretary.
- Insurance of Error and omission is optional. However, this insurance is very useful.
- Now, Exercise your Notary Public roles.
- If you feel you are lacking some skills, you can consult your experts or go for training.
Cost and Duration for Application Approval
Notary Public application submission and filing the Bond with the state’s Secretary hold some cost. The cost for application submission is 25 USD. Likewise, the cost for filing the bond is 10 USD. However, cost of all equipment depends upon the chosen seller.
duration of approval of application is not exact. It can vary. Typically, it takes 2 to 10 weeks. Then, secretary of state grant commission to the Notary Public Candidate.
Test and Training
Selection process is simple. No entry test and training. However, a person can take training by his own choice to improve his skills.
A person changes his name during his service. According to law, he continue his commission with the old name. Nevertheless, if he wishes to change his name in his commission documents too, he has to resign the current commission and re-apply for notary public as a new candidate.
Expiration of Notary Public Commission
In Oklahoma, Notary Public Commission expires after 4 years. this validity can not be extended. A person has to re-apply if he wants to join again.